Saturday, March 10, 2012

Web 1.0, Web 2.0.... what's next?

File:Web 2.0 Map.svg

I have really enjoyed this semester and discovering all of the Web 2.0 applications in education. The more I research, the more I find. The only problem I have is that the web is filled with so many amazing topics that I am constantly finding myself starting out researching one topic and then I branch out to a new topic. I started looking into Blogs and then I accidentally discovered Glogs. The next thing you know I'm on Glogster.com and I'm searching for math Glogs and wondering how I can use them in the classroom. Everywhere I look... there's another shiny marble and I'm off on a tangent. What should be a simple task takes me forever because I've gotten sucked into the web. The thing is, I've probably learned more about Web 2.0 by being on the web. It makes me understand a little what our student's are faced with. They have the ability to learn on their computer and research topics so easily. The problem is, can they stay focused long enough to answer the question at hand? Or do they even remember what was the original question?

It makes me wonder.. what's next. What will Web 3.0 bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment